About Blu Crew
Blu crew has been described as fun, entertaining, inspirational, a new style of fundraising. We’re pretty happy with all of these!
Blu crew was formed on 27th September 2009 with the main aim to support Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice. The founder members had all been involved in voluntary support and fundraising work, but Blu crew was a brand new venture focusing primarily on one specific charity.
As the years have passed and the group has evolved we found that we were asked more and more to help other worthwhile local charities, and so we decided that if we could help we would.
In 2018 we have performed in Shopping Centres, Supermarkets, Working men’s and Social Clubs, Village halls, in a retail Store, a Stately Home, a residential Care home/School, in a Church, in an agricultural barn, and in the middle of a field!
If you think we could help you at your fundraising event just ask.
- Our Christmas fundraising campaign for 2018 kicks off this weekend at Wickersley lights switch on, on Saturday 24th November followed by carol singing at the Alhambra Centre in Barnsley on Sunday 25th.
- A few of the Crew were pleased to be able to support a family member raising money for Weston Park Hospital and Maples Cancer Care in Rotherham on the 17th November 2018 and were happy to help raise over £650.
- We had a fun afternoon at Thurcroft helping them celebrate 100 years since the end of WW1.
- We are thrilled that our Song for Catherine event rasied over £950 for Rotherham Hospice in memory of Catherine Palmowski.
- We had a great time at the Gin Festival held at Wentworth Woodhouse on the 13th and 14th April.
- Well, after a successful Christmas season we’re already up and running as we’re appearing at the CAST theatre in Doncaster this Saturday night at FanCASTic!
New team members are always welcome. Yes, we want performers of all kinds, but we also need members to help out ‘backstage’, to assist at events, hold a collection bucket, etc.
Each role is equally valued as is the amount of time you can offer, from an ad hoc hour to help us set up to weekly rehearsals. If you’re interested, get in touch for an informal chat.