About Blu crew
Blu crew has been described as fun, entertaining, inspirational, a new style of fundraising. We’re pretty happy with all of these!
Blu crew was formed on 27th September 2009 with the main aim to support Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice. The founder members had all been involved in voluntary support and fundraising work, but Blu crew was a brand new venture focusing primarily on one specific charity.
As the years have passed and the group has evolved we found that we were asked more and more to help other worthwhile local charities, and so we decided that if we could help we would.
In 2017 we have performed in Shopping Centres, Supermarkets, Working men’s and Social Clubs, Village halls, in a retail Store, a Stately Home, a residential Care home/School, in a Church, in an agricultural barn, and in the middle of a field!
If you think we could help you at your fundraising event just ask.
- After an action packed weekend we’re gearing up for next weekend (16th & 17th December) where we’ll be in Tesco Maltby between 10 and 4 on Saturday and Ikea Sheffield between 11 and 4 on Sunday. We will be finishing our season at Tesco Rotherham on Tueday 19th December from 6.30pm.
- Friday night (8th Dec) we are at the Belmont WMC, Saturday we’re in Crystal Peaks Market, Sunday we’ll be outside Sainsburys in Crystal Peak and finally Monday afternoon we’ll be at the Wales and Kiveton Community Centre for the Rotary Memory Cafe…phew!
- Find us on Sunday 3rd December in Ikea Sheffield
- Dates announced for our Christmas carols campaign for 2017 – please see our events page
- Our carol sessions have raised £9000! Thank you!
New team members are always welcome. Yes, we want performers of all kinds, but we also need members to help out backstage, to assist at events, hold a collection bucket, etc.
Each role is equally valued as is the amount of time you can offer, from an ad hoc hour to help us set up to weekly rehearsals. If you’re interested, get in touch for an informal chat.